Beast Master is one of the 23 available perks that currently exist in Deep Rock Galactic. It can be unlocked on the sixth row of perks and there are 4 tiers; each tier requiring 3 / 5 / 7 / 9 perk points respectively for a total of 24.
|Icon||Tier 1||Tier 2||Tier 3||Tier 4||Description|
|Tamed Grunts deal 0 % more damage||Tamed Grunts deal 100 % more damage||Tamed Grunts deal 200 % more damage||Tamed Grunts deal 300 % more damage||Active: Charm a Glyphid Grunt to become your loyal companion. You can only have one tamed Grunt at a time.|
(5 minute cooldown)
- It takes 0.75 s to tame a grunt.
- It's possible to tame a Glyphid Grunt, Glyphid Grunt Slasher, Glyphid Grunt Guard, or Ebonite Glyphid.
- The tamed Grunt will always have the suffix (Steeve) [sic]. It will also be surrounded with a neon blue glow to help identify Steeve in the darkness.
- Steeve takes 2% friendly fire damage and isn’t affected by Sticky Flames from the Driller's CRSPR Flamethrower. He is still vulnerable to weakspot damage bonuses and armor breaking from the Dwarves.
- There is no way to control the Grunt beyond the initial taming.
- Steeve has no target prioritization capability, nor survival instincts. He is vulnerable to enemies like Glyphid Exploders, Bulk Detonators, Mactera, and tanky enemies like Oppressors.
- Taming either Slashers or Guards is preferable to taming standard grunts. The former provides dramatically increased damage whereas the latter will survive for much longer than most tamed bugs. Grunts offer neither of these benefits.