The Spanish Deep Rock Galactic Wiki is open for editing.
|“||Mad geniuses have tried perfecting this implement for as long as anyone can remember, but our lads at R&D seem to have perfected it! Handily portable (for a dwarf, anyway), it does exactly what you think: It's a friggin' freeze ray. Let 'em have it.||„|
|~ Item Description|
About[edit | edit source]
The Cryo Cannon is an unlockable primary weapon for the Driller. It is a huge, barely-portable freeze ray constructed out of various alloys. The drums on the front of the weapon rotate when it is firing.
The Cryo Cannon ejects a freezing cold stream which deals damage and decreases the temperature of enemies, eventually causing them to freeze. Frozen enemies will receive triple damage (but lose any weak-points they had before) and are completely immobilized, making them easy targets. Being frozen also prevents several enemies from performing unique abilities; for example frozen Glyphid Exploders cannot detonate, and frozen Spitball Infectors cannot fire projectiles. Flying enemies like Mactera will drop to the floor and shatter instantly when frozen. Keep in mind, bigger enemies with higher HP like Glyphid Praetorians take longer to freeze, and can thaw out faster. Enemies in the Glacial Strata are also more resistant to this weapon's freezing effect.
Unlike the CRSPR Flamethrower, the Cryo Cannon does not utilize a reloading system and instead draws from one large pool of reserve ammo, similar to the Powered Minigun. Upon pressing the fire button the weapon has a brief "charge-up" period before it spews its stream of icy mixture. The stream is affected by a pressure gauge; prolonged firing will eventually empty this meter and require a "repressurization" phase before it can start firing again.
The Cryo Cannon suffers from several flaws the Flamethrower suffers from, too. It is limited by poor range, forcing the Driller to close in on targets. Mactera enemies can easily fly out of the freeze stream, which requires the use of the Driller's secondary weapons to take them out. The weapon's base damage is also even lower than the Flamethrower, though this is made up for by the amplified damage enemies take when frozen.
|Unlocked through an assignment.|
|Requires Driller 10
Modifications[edit | edit source]
There are five tiers and each tier has three upgrades available to purchase, though only one upgrade can be equipped per tier.
Overclocks[edit | edit source]
Improved Thermal Efficiency
|+25 Tank Capacity
x0.75 Pressure Drop Rate
|Get all you can from your fuel and lose pressure slower from the main chamber.|| 8350 Credits|
Perfectly Tuned Cooler
|+1 Freezing Power
+0.8 Flow Rate
|Freeze things faster, no strings attached.|| 8750 Credits|
Flow Rate Expansion
|x2.7 Pressure Gain Rate
x2.25 Pressure Drop Rate
|A low volume high pressure chamber paired with a high power pump improve the overall function rate of the weapon but lower the max duration of sustained flow.|| 8900 Credits|
(35 ammo max)
|Pressing the reload button dumps all the fluid in the chamber directly into the turbine, flash freezing it and launching an ice projectile. Side effects include an increased recharge delay and of course the large amount of fuel used.|| 8950 Credits|
+0.8 Flow Rate
-3 Freezing Power
x2 Pressure Drop Rate
|A change in the fuel mixture along with some heavy cooler unit tweaks means that you'll be doing less freezing and more killing with razor-sharp ice shards. However, the capacity of the pressure chamber suffers.|| 7200 Credits|
(50 ammo max)
|Pressing the reload button shoots all the cryofuel in the chamber at once as an AoE cryo-projectile. Besides the very large amount of fuel consumed the operation overloads the whole system resulting in a much longer delay before regaining pressure and the modifications restrict the total amount of fuel you can carry.|| 8400 Credits|
Stats Breakdown[edit | edit source]
Understanding the weapon[edit | edit source]
- Chargeup Time is the time needed before the weapon start shooting.
- Flow Rate is the equivalent of fire rate for other weapons. The weapon will deal 8 instances of damage per second with the base flow rate.
- Pressure Drop Rate is the equivalent of the magazine size for other weapons. It represent how long you can fire before you need to 'reload' your weapon by repressurizing it. The lower the better.
- Freezing Power is what will allow you to freeze the enemies. It won’t do any damage by itself. 1 point in freezing power will lower the temperature of an enemy by 1° for each instance of damage done. Once you reach an enemy freeze temperature it’ll be frozen solid.
- Tank Size is the equivalent of magazine size for other weapons.
- Repressurization Time is the equivalent of a wait time before reload and overheat for otherweapon. It’s how long you need to wait in seconds after you stop firing or after you reached the minimum pressure before you can fire again.
- Pressure Gain Rate is the equivalent of reload for other weapon, except that you can stop midway in case you need to fire early. It represent how fast the pressure will go up after the repressurization time.
Skins[edit | edit source]
Full gallery of skins can be seen at Weapon Skins.
Trivia[edit | edit source]