Deep Dives are an End Game mechanic that was introduced in Update 25: Endgame - Part 1. Deep Dives are accessible to the player once they have promoted their first Dwarf. The mechanic consists of two pre-seeded, difficulty locked variants: Deep Dives and Elite Deep Dives. Each variant consists of three Missions each with two objectives each; totaling six objectives that must be completed to complete a full Deep Dive. Unlike in normal Missions, the Secondary Objective is replaced with another Primary Objectives, and both Primary Objectives must be completed to move onto the next stage. All gear, ammo, HP, and mined Gold and Nitra will carry over from one mission to the next, and missions must be played back-to-back, making Deep Dives essentially one long mission. Players can run a Deep Dive as many times as they want, however the rewards can only be received once per variant; they are reset weekly. Deep Dives can be accessed through the Deep Dive Terminal located on the Space Rig. Players can view their quickest completion time for the Deep Dives at the KPI Terminal located in their Personal Cabin.
Note that you must play as a promoted class to participate in a Deep Dive.
Difficulty[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Difficulty Scaling
With the introduction of Deep Dives, three new hazard levels are introduced that can only appear within a Dive: Hazard 3.5, 4.5, and 5.5; these can only be found within Deep Dives.
- Regular Deep Dive: Hazard 3 Hazard 3.5 Hazard 3.5 — 2 Warnings
- Elite Deep Dive: Hazard 4.5 Hazard 5 Hazard 5.5 — 2 to 3 Warnings
Each Deep Dive has a randomly generated seed upon the weekly reset, which makes a Deep Dive's difficulty slightly different when compared to the general 1 to 5 Hazard levels of regular missions.
Mission Combinations[edit | edit source]
There are a total of 31 unique combinations of mission types. The primary and secondary mission types cannot be the same.
1 Does not include repairing the Drop Pod.
2 May feature one or two refueling stops.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
Completing each mission of a Deep Dive will grant the player a random reward as listed below:
- Mission 1: Blank Matrix Core (Used for Machine Events)
- Mission 2: One random Weapon Overclock Matrix Core
- Mission 3: One random Cosmetic Matrix Core
Both variants of the Deep Dive will provide the same rewards from the same reward pool. Each reward can only be received once per variant, totaling six rewards every week.
Blank Matrix Core are given instead when all Weapon Overclocks are collected and a Mineral Containers of 120 crafting resources if all Cosmetics Matrix Core have been obtained.
Infused Cores[edit | edit source]
The overclock that can be forged is determined when the player receives the Infused Matrix Core.
Note: It is not possible to get duplicate cores.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Elite Deep Dives are harder than regular Deep Dives, the danger of an EDD is approximate to a triple length Hazard 5 mission.
- Completing the same variant Deep Dive a second time, in the same week, will not grant additional Matrix Cores, but will still give any XP, Credits and minerals found inside the dive.
- Crafting Materials cannot be found within Deep Dives, however Huuli Hoarders can still spawn and drop them.
- 'Today's Special' beers consumed in the Abyss Bar before starting the Deep Dive will carry over into all three missions.
- Active Perks will reset between missions, meaning players using perks such as Field Medic or Iron Will will be able to use their active abilities multiple times during the dive.
- When playing solo, Bosco's revive charges will be reset between missions.
- If one has all the Weapon Overclock Matrix Cores one will receive Blank Matrix Cores from the second mission instead.
- There are four achievements related to Deep Dives.
- If the Drop Pod launches when a Dwarf is downed, the player will spawn alive for the next mission, unless it is the final mission. In that case they will appear as downed on the end screen.
See Also[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The name of the first ever Deep Dive mission was "Hard Blade".