Deep Dives are an End Game mechanic that is introduced in Update 25: Endgame - Part 1. Deep Dives are accessible to the player once they have promoted their class. The new mechanic consists of two pre-seeded, difficulty locked variants: Deep Dives and Elite Deep Dives. Each variant consists of three missions each with two objectives each; totaling six objectives that must be completed to complete a full Deep Dive. All gear, ammo, HP, and mined Gold and Nitra will carry over from one mission to the next; making Deep Dives one long mission. Players can run a Deep Dive as many times as they want, however the rewards can only be received once per variant; they are reset weekly. Deep Dives can be accessed through the Deep Dives terminal located on the Space Rig.
Players can also view their quickest completion time for the seeded Deep Dive.
Difficulty[edit | edit source]
With the introduction of Deep Dives, three new hazard levels are introduced that can only appear within a Dive: Hazard 3.5, 4.5, and 5.5; these can only be found within Deep Dives.
Regular Deep Dive: Hazard 3; Hazard 3.5; Hazard 3.5
Elite Deep Dive: Hazard 4.5; Hazard 5; Hazard 5.5
Each Deep Dive has a randomly generated seed upon the weekly reset, which makes a Deep Dive's difficulty slightly different when compared to the general 1 to 5 Hazard levels of regular missions.
More info on Hazard Levels can be found here Difficulty Scaling.
Mutators[edit | edit source]
Each mission in a Deep Dive will always carry a Mutator. The guaranteed mutator contributes to the difficulty of each Deep Dive.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
Completing each mission of a Deep Dive will grant the player a random reward as listed below:
- Mission 1: Blank Matrix Core (Used for Machine Events)
- Mission 2: One random Weapon Overclock Matrix Core
- Mission 3: One random Cosmetic Matrix Core
Both variants of the Deep Dive will provide the same rewards from the same reward pool. Each reward can only be received once per variant, totaling six rewards every week.
Infused Cores[edit | edit source]
Deep Dives are one of the ways to earn Infused Matrix Cores and will be one of the player's primary focus in getting stronger. There are two different Infused Matrix Cores: Weapon and Cosmetic.
The overclock that the player can forge is determined when the player receives the Infused Matrix Core.
Note: It will not be possible to get a duplicate core.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Elite Deep Dives are harder than regular Deep Dives.
- Completing the same variant Deep Dive a second time, in the same week, will not grant additional Matrix Cores, but will still give any XP and minerals found inside the dive.
- There are no natural Crafting Materials found within Deep Dives, however Huuli Hoarder can still spawn and drop them.
- 'Today's Special' beers consumed in the Abyss Bar before starting the Deep Dive will carry over into all three missions.
See Also[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The name of the first ever Deep Dive mission was "Hard Blade".