Glyphid Crassus Detonator
|This article is a stub. You can help Deep Rock Galactic Wiki by .|
|Glyphid Crassus Detonator|
|Category||Rare Boss Enemy|
Golden Final Blow (on death)
|Weakpoint / Medium Armor|
|Burn T°C||Freeze T°C|
|Douse Fire T°C||Unfreeze T°C|
|Cooling Rate||Warming Rate|
|“||A close cousin of the Glyphid Detonator, but displaying an exceptionally thrilling mutation. It is every bit as lethal as its cousin, releasing the same devastating shockwaves and blowing up with a blast in the kiloton range, but - instead of glassing the surrounding environment on account of the tremendous heat released, a most peculiar chemical reaction occurs. Everything caught in the blast radius of an exploding Crassus Detonator turns to gold. Incredible.||„|
|~ Miner's Manual|
The Glyphid Crassus Detonator is a hostile Creature. It can spawn in any region of the planet, but its spawn is tied to level generation - only one can appear in a mission, and no more will spawn once the original is killed. It typically spawns at the beginning of the mission and roams around the caves towards the Dwarves. The Glyphid Crassus Detonator is commonly referred to as a Crassus or a Crassus Detonator.
Described by the Miner's Manual as a mutation of the original Bulk Detonator, the Crassus is very similar in appearance and behavior. The biggest and most obvious difference is its whole body being covered in a layer of Gold - this gold serves as a type of armor which reduces damage and cannot be broken. This on top of the extremely high 6000 health the Crassus boasts makes it a very resilient enemy. Targeting the tumorous bulbs on its backside is a necessity to deal larger amounts of damage to it.
The Crassus will also explode violently in the same manner as the Bulk Detonator does, but with a key difference. The 10 meter crater it leaves behind will be coated in a layer of solid Gold, which can be mined and deposited. The amount of Gold created depends on how much space is caught within the radius of the blast - catching the Bulk within a narrow tunnel will result in the largest amounts of Gold possible.
Asides from these differences, the Crassus Detonator behaves in the exact same way as a regular Bulk Detonator does, so any strategies that work for the Bulk can also tame a Crassus quite effectively. It retains the same slow movement speed and extremely high damage. It still has the same stomp attack, but the explosions caused by this attack will not produce any Gold. While the massive amounts of Gold produced by the Crassus is an alluring prize, don't forget that it's still a very lethal enemy.
Combat[edit | edit source]
Health and Armor[edit | edit source]
Attacks[edit | edit source]
- Massive ~15 meter explosion upon death that releases several additional flying explosive globs
- Explosive damage to terrain leaves behind layers of Gold when killed
- Explodes with a non-damaging shock-wave, when killed while frozen
- Stomps on nearby Dwarves, creating a very large blast that deals 100 fire damage
- Digs through the dirt towards Dwarves using explosive slams
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Try to lure Crassus Detonators into enclosed spaces before finishing them off for the highest quantity of gold
- If the Crassus Detonator dies while it is frozen, it's death explosion will not produce a crater of gold
- Shooting any of the three "bulbs" deals 3x the damage of shooting the body
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Glyphid Crassus Detonator is a reference to Roman general and politician Crassus, who was known as one of the wealthiest men of his time. According to legend, when his body was recovered by his enemies after a battle resulting in his death, they poured liquid gold into his mouth to taunt his wealth and greed
- The Crassus has the highest amount of base health of any creature in the game, at 6000 HP. This can scale all the way up to 9000 HP on a Hazard 5 mission with four players