|This article is a stub. You can help Deep Rock Galactic Wiki by .|
Side Sacs: ×2
|Weakpoint / Heavy Armor|
|Burn T°C||Freeze T°C|
|Douse Fire T°C||Unfreeze T°C|
|Cooling Rate||Warming Rate|
|“||The Glyphid Menace is not, as one might assume, a close relation of the Glyphid Acid Spitter. While their attacks are relatively similar, they in fact represent two entirely distinct avenues of Glyphid evolution. The Menace is an exponentially greater threat and displays a sophistication almost unheard of among their kin. They burrow into the ceiling, hiding from view, only emerging to rapidly fire blistering volleys of corrosive goo at any would-be invader. Handle with extreme prejudice.||„|
|~ Miner's Manual Description|
The Glyphid Menace is a hostile Creature found on Hoxxes. It can be found in any region of the planet. It is a member of the Glyphid family, though its appearance is quite radical compared to its brethren. It has the same body shape compared to most Glyphids but is coloured a bright cyan all over its body. Its mouth is much smaller, while its abdomen is considerably over-developed with two bright blue sacs on either side of its body and a heavily armoured carapace on top.
The Menace is a ranged combatant. While most Glyphids blindly charge towards the Dwarves, the Menace makes use of a hit-and-run strategy and can rapidly move across the entire map thanks to its burrowing ability. It prefers to hang off walls, far away from the centre of a battle, making use of its long range acid attacks.
To attack, it fires volleys of acid at one target at a time. Individual shots from this attack are weak but unlike other projectile users, the Menace has a high rate of fire and its acid pelts can easily whittle down a Dwarf's health.
Each volley of fire lasts for a few seconds, but the Menace will keep firing if it is not attacked. If it takes any damage it will burrow into the cave walls once its volley ends and try to find a new location to attack from. If it emerges in a position which is too close to the Dwarves, or does not offer a good firing angle, it will burrow back into the terrain and try to find a new spot. When it burrows, it takes a couple seconds to emerge again.
Menaces can be quite deadly combatants if left unchecked. They can quickly rack up damage on idle teams and are excellent at breaking up tightly-formed defences. Their projectiles are fairly easy to dodge when moving, so strafing left or right while firing back is the best way to deal with them. Their mouths and side sacs should be priority targets, as this will cause them to take double damage. Be aware that the side sacs can burst once they take enough damage, while the mouth weakspot cannot break but is harder to hit. If killing a menace is not an option, stunning them or making use of aggro effects are also optimal.
Combat[edit | edit source]
Health and Armor[edit | edit source]
Attacks[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- When a Menace first appears, be sure to mark it ASAP with the Laser Pointer. Menaces will remain marked while burrowing and the ping will update based on their new burrowing location.
- However, keep in mind that if a Menace is on low enough health and you have the tools needed to take it down, it's best to just kill the thing outright.
- Long-ranged weapons such as the M1000 Classic, the Heavy Revolver and the Powered Minigun are all great choices to kill a Menace.
- Weapons such as the Deepcore GK2 and the Breach Cutter with Stun Chance modifications also work great at incapacitating a Menace. It cannot fire back or burrow whilst stunned, making it an easy target.
- The Shield Generator can completely block all of a Menace's projectiles, while providing any Dwarves inside with ample cover to fire back.
- Be wary when riding Ziplines if there is a Menace on the loose - they projectile attacks will knock you off the cable if they hit you, potentially causing you to fall to your death.
- The Menace is easily deceived by the likes of the L.U.R.E. or the Pheromone Canister - use these to distract it while you fire back at it.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]