|This article is a stub. You can help Deep Rock Galactic Wiki by .|
Death Cloud (on death)
|Weakpoint / Unbreakable Armor|
|Burn T°C||Freeze T°C|
|Douse Fire T°C||Unfreeze T°C|
|Cooling Rate||Warming Rate|
|“||The Glyphid Oppressor is literally an organic tank: A monstrously mutated Praetorian, the Oppressor is covered in so much bullet-resistant chitin that it is pointless to attack it from the front. Luckily, they still leave their abdomen mostly exposed to flanking maneuvers, but the Oppressor is something you very much don't want to encounter in a tight space. Their forelimbs are powerful enough to chew through sheer rock like butter, as well as capable of producing stunning shockwaves on impact. Be extra mindful of your footing when confronting one of these.||„|
|~ Miner's Manual Description|
Combat[edit | edit source]
Health and Armor[edit | edit source]
The Oppressor has a massive section of armor covering the entire front of its body. It can only be damaged by attacking the small greenish weakpoint on the back of its body, in roughly the same area as the Glyphid Praetorian. It can also be damaged with indirect damage using weapons such as the Flamethrower or the Cryo Cannon.
Attacks[edit | edit source]
The Glyphid Oppressor has numerous attacks.
- Slam that creates a shockwave, pushing any Dwarves in the radius of the slam away from the Oppressor and dealing a small amount of damage.
- It can dig in the same way that a Bulk Detonator or Dreadnought can, using a slam that removes terrain and damages any Dwarves in the radius of the slam.
- Ranged attack consisting of the Oppressor slamming it's legs down on the ground, producing stalagmite-like protrusions from the ground that damage and push away any Dwarves caught in the area of the attack.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- When the Oppressor is attacking, use that time to get to its backside and shoot its weakpoint.
- Try to avoid using fire damage or cold damage to damage the Oppressor, as it is very resistant to these types of damage. Instead, use direct damaging weapons to damage the Oppressor.
- If an Oppressor spawns during the uplink or refueling stages of a Salvage Operation, have at least one dwarf draw it away from the zone so that the remaining dwarves are free to complete the objective. This is due to the Oppressor's attacks being able to push dwarves out of the zone, so not dealing with the Oppressor properly will result in mission failure.
- In Solo missions, this situation is nigh-impossible to deal with, as Bosco is ineffective against Oppressors. Either the Oppressor will repeatedly knock the player out of the zone, or the player will have to leave the zone to deal with the Oppressor, both will result in the zone's progress bar depleting.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Oppressor was added in Update 27: Little Big Things.
- The Oppressors' ranged attack was added in Update 29.
- The Oppressor was named Glyphid Praetorian when using the Laser Pointer. The bug was introduced in Update 29 and patched in Hotfix 2 of Update 29.