The Spanish Deep Rock Galactic Wiki is open for editing.
|“||The IFG - or Inhibitor-Field Generator- is one of the latest inventions of the good people down in R&D. Toss one of these bad boys into a cluster of bugs, and watch them slow right down.||„|
|~ Item Description|
About[edit | edit source]
The Inhibitor Field Generator (aka IFG) is a throwable Support Tool for the Scout. It is a small spherical grenade with several glowing octagons on the six faces of the device - they pulse and glow while in the Scout's hand.
The IFG is thrown like a grenade and will stick to whatever surface it touches. After a brief delay it will emit an "inhibitor field" which will slow down and weaken the physical attacks of any enemy caught inside. Enemy animations are suitably slowed down to match their slowed speed. The inhibitor field will persist for 20 seconds, after which the field will dissapate and any enemies stuck inside will return to normal.
With a powerful slowing effect, long lasting duration and high carry amount of six to use, the IFG has an overwhelming amount of advantages. It excels at shutting down chokepoints where enemies are forced to move through the inhibitor field and suffer the many debuffs it inflicts. Slower targets makes aiming at their weakpoints easier and their weaker attacks allows one to get closer to deal more damage.
The IFG does have some flaws, however. Like all the Scout's grenades it deals no direct damage, reinforcing his poor crowd control abilities. The grenade is also only really effective against grounded enemies; Mactera aliens are more than capable of hovering outside the radius.
Usage & Strategies[edit | edit source]
- Because of the lowered damage enemies deal, the IFG can work as a miniature defensive barrier for when the Gunner's Shield Generator is not available.
- Throw an IFG onto a downed teammate to make clearing enemies around them easier, or to reduce damage taken while reviving them.
- The IFG works best in enclosed spaces and chokepoints where enemies are forced to move through it. The more foes you trap inside the inhibitor field, the better.
- The IFG's weakening effect only affects physical attacks. It will not weaken projectile attacks such as those from Mactera Spawn or Glyphid Acid Spitters.
- Enemies inside the inhibitor field are considered as electrocuted, despite not actually taking any damage. Amongst other benefits, this means that such foes are vulnerable to the Zhukov NUK17's Conductive Bullets modification.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This is the only of the 12 throwables that's classified as a Support Tool instead of a Throwable.
- Prior to Update 24: Explosive Expansion, the IFG was unique to the Scout as his sole grenade choice. All other classes used a basic frag grenade comparable to the Driller's HE Grenade today.