The Spanish Deep Rock Galactic Wiki is open for editing.
LMG Gun Platform
|LMG Gun Platform|
|“||One of the more advanced items in the DRG arsenal, these autonomous sentry guns will absolutely help in performing pest control.||„|
|~ Item Description|
About[edit | edit source]
The LMG Gun Platform is an automated Sentry Turret that automatically fires at enemies once they enter its range. The Engineer carries a maximum of two Sentry Turrets (carries one by default), which can be placed in strategic, defensive positions to defend against swarms of enemies. Once placed, the Sentry Turrets need to be assembled before functioning.
Sentry Turrets will fire from a clip and automatically reload their chamber from their ammunition reserves. Their reserves are limited, and they will stop firing once depleted. However, the Engineer carries a stash of additional ammo and can refill them by approaching them and using the interact key.
Sentries can be either recalled or relocated. Recalling a Sentry is done by holding down the Reload key and will make them deconstruct themselves and return to the Engineer - this in turn completely refills their ammo pool and they can then be placed again when needed. Relocating a sentry is done by selecting the Gun Platform tool (4 on KBM by default) and placing the hologram again while it is still deployed (with the Gemini System mod, you can choose which sentry gun to relocate by pressing the reload key). This will deconstruct the gun and move it to the desired location, though its ammo count will remain the same.
Modifications[edit | edit source]
There's currently four tiers and two to three possibles mod per tier.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Other players can build a placed Sentry, regardless of class. Multiple Engineers on one team can also refill each other's Sentry ammo.
- When a Sentry is out of ammo, it will no longer idle sweep and its barrel will face towards the ground, indicating it needs to be refilled.
- The Turret Whip modification on the Warthog can be used to force a Sentry to fire an explosive overcharged shot, consuming 10 ammo.
- Newly built Sentries will attempt to refill their ammo to full from the Engineer's ammo pool when recalled, while a relocated Sentry only has how much ammo it had in it before the relocation.
- For this reason it is often more efficient to recall an empty Sentry to instantly refill its ammo before placing it again, instead of rebuilding it and then slowly refilling its ammo pool as in relocating.
- When using a resupply, Ammo in Sentries is counted towards the current ammo of the Engineer who owns it.
- Sentries will always idle sweep South West, regardless of which direction they were built or what enemy they were last firing at, unless they have the Defender upgrade.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In the closed alpha, the Engineer would get four sentry guns with 200 ammo each, but they could not be called back and redeployed.