|“||Deep Rock Galactic is developing strategic operations all around the planet. The company is worried about some strange mutations affecting the creatures of Hoxxes as well as peculiar crystals interfering with scanners and other devices in orbit. To eradicate the threat or simply to take samples, these operations require expert dwarven action to be finalized. If you stumble upon one, give it a go and hope that the reward is worth the risk!||„|
Introduced in Update 26: Endgame - Part 2, Machine Events are random events that can spawn inside normal Missions, providing a challenging interaction. Machine Events reward players with Credits and XP bonus, as well as either a Weapon Overclock or a Matrix Core Cosmetic if they own a Blank Matrix Core. To activate the event, a player must own a Tritilyte Key, a reusable item that is automatically provided when a player promotes their first Dwarf and put it into the Core Infuser.
Ebonite Mutation[edit | edit source]
|“||Miners, a wave of heavily armored Ebonite Glyphids are approaching on a direct intercept vector. Be advised: Conventional weapons will be ineffective - stick to your trusty Pick Axes for this one!||„|
|~ Mission Control|
The Ebonite Mutation event will deploy an Overcharge Sprinkler that will assist Dwarves in dealing with an oncoming wave of Ebonite Glyphids. The machine will periodically spit out glowing canisters that can be picked up by running over it. This will grant Dwarves a temporary buff which greatly reduces their Power Attack cooldown. Ebonite creatures can only be damaged by melee attacks (including Impact Axes), so it would be extremely beneficial to take advantage of this buff, as they can be taken down with 1-2 power attacks.
• The objective is to kill enough Ebonite Glyphids to reach the points necessary in the allotted time. With Ebonite Grunts giving 1 point and Ebonite Praetorians giving 2 points.
Kursite Infection[edit | edit source]
|“||Analysis Engine activated! Kursite infected enemies are being lured to your location! Harvest them for volatile Kursite samples and stick 'em in the machine! R&D are very interested in getting their hands on them.||„|
|~ Mission Control|
The Kursite Infection event will deploy a Kursite Grinder to analyze the infection carried by certain enemies. These enemies are modified with blue skin and yellow crystals, they should be prioritized as they drop Kursite, which decays shortly after the creature is killed. Once the Kursite is dropped from an infected enemy, a player must deliver it to the analyzer.
• Only one type of infected variant will spawn and the objective is to collect a certain amount of Kursite in the allotted time.
|Kursite Samples required|
|Variant||Glyphid Acid Spitter||Glyphid Praetorian||Mactera Spawn|
Omen Modular Exterminator[edit | edit source]
|“||R&D came up with a brilliant idea for helping out our Pest Control teams: Project Omen - a vast network of interlinked Modular Extermination Towers, strategically inserted into caves all over Hoxxes. However, much to their regret, the Exterminators turned out to be just as dangerous to our own people as the bugs they were supposed to protect us against! So, the strategy is clear: Project Omen needs to be shut down. However… for security reasons, that can only be done through a… hands-on approach, by our esteemed ground teams.
Get in there, find and activate the Exterminator, engage the Maintenance Pads to expose the machine Cooling Tanks, and blow them to bits. Easy. Well, and you have to do so within a limited time window or the device goes into Lockdown.
PS: Do note, the Exterminators can be constructed from a variety of different modules, so for your personal safety, do take care to learn the patterns of each. R&D aren’t in the business of making kids’ toys, after all...
|~ Official Description|
The Omen Modular Exterminator event will deploy hostile Modular Extermination Towers which needs to be destroyed by exposing and shooting its green-colored cooling tanks. To expose these tanks, players will be required to stand on top of three different maintenance platforms around the tower until authorization is granted. Each platform will expose a different tower, which will be indicated in a pop-up display. Note that each tower will comprise multiple cooling tanks that each shares an equal portion of that tower's health.
- The Drone Platform will periodically deploy slow-moving drones that will home in on a player. These drones will explode and deal moderate damage upon coming in contact with any solid object or creature. They can be difficult to spot, but can be destroyed with ranged weapons. The tower will have at least one active drone out at all times, and spawn a new one if none are active. Drones will launch every 6 seconds, regardless of if the previously launched drone has exploded or not. If a drone does not explode 10 seconds after selecting its target, it will fly off in the direction it is facing.
- The Heavy Burster will slowly rotate around the tower, emitting a red targeting light. If the light passes over a player, a machine gun will begin firing on them, dealing severe damage. Moving out of the light will stop the machine gun from firing.
- The Twin Slicer lasers will periodically perform sweeps around the tower at varying heights. These lasers can be avoided rather easily, as they may not be pointing towards the ground most of the time.
- The Radial Pulse-Gun is typically the most lethal tower. Once per second, the tower will rotate and then fire. It will send out slow-moving purple beams at waist-level, which will deal extreme damage when touched. The beams can be avoided by dodging, jumping over them, or hiding behind a solid object. Only appear on the bottom module.
• The objective is to destroy all the cooling tanks on the Modular Extermination Towers in the allotted time.
Tritilyte Crystal[edit | edit source]
|“||Well, well! A Tritilyte deposit! We thought we'd lost this one! As you can see, previous teams tried getting through the outer shell of this thing, but failed. We're sending in a Nanite Bomb Dispenser for you - if those can't penetrate it, nothing will.||„|
|~ Mission Control|
The Tritilyte Crystal event will have Mission Control drop a Nanite Bomb Dispenser nearby, which dispenses special explosive charges filled with nanite explosives. These charges must be picked up, carried to the crystal, and thrown at it until it is destroyed. They are considered heavy objects, so players will be defenseless while carrying it. The charges will blow up upon hitting the surface of the deposit, hitting an enemy, or when shot.
• The objective is to destroy the Tritilyte Shard with nanite bombs in the allotted time.
Reward[edit | edit source]
Upon successful completion of the event, each player can insert oneBlank Matrix Core into the core infuser (where the Tritilyte Key was originally used to start the event). The player will then be given three reward options, each being either a random class Weapon Overclock or a random class Matrix Core Cosmetic. Only one can be acquired. The core is always consumed, regardless of whether or not the player selects one of the rewards. If all previous rewards are collected, Mineral Containers of 120 crafting resources are instead available. The rewards do not scale with hazard difficulty.
Completing a Machine Event shows as a completed Mission Objective below the Secondary Objective. Completing a Machine Event also gives a credit and XP bonus upon mission completion. Note that even if the Machine Event's timer runs out before the event is completed, the credit and XP bonus will still be awarded, even if the mission itself is failed.
Like the Lost Pack and Cargo Crate cosmetics, the Machine Event's Overclock rewards cannot be lost once acquired (even if the mission is failed or aborted, or if the player is kicked or disconnected, or if the game crashes.)