|Objective(s)||Collect 7-10 Aquarq|
Point Extraction is a mission type in Deep Rock Galactic.
A huge deposit of a glowing, blue crystal named Aquarq has been located, and the dwarves are sent in to extract as many as possible, and are also assisted by a giant, heavily armored mining platform named the Minehead.
Point Extractions are the third unlockable mission type, the second being Salvage Operation.
About[edit | edit source]
The goal in Point Extraction missions always take place in a large cavern filled with Aquarq. The Drop Pod is landed into the cavern, along with the Mine Head platform which unfolds and acts as a central playing point throughout the mission. Unlike all other mission types, the M.U.L.E. is not present, and resources gathered by the team must be deposited into the Mine Head itself.
The Aquarq that must be collected for the primary objective are embedded in the walls of the cavern. Small, blue crystals dot the location they are buried, and they must be dug out using Driller's Titanium Powerdrills or a pickaxe. Aquarq are large resources, and must be carried back to the Mine Head by hand.
Swarms in Point Extractions are not announced before they happen; instead, Mission Control will announce the swarm as soon as it commences, and enemies are far more common than any other mission type; they will attack frequently, even outside of a swarm. However, the automatic Sentry Turrets on the Mine Head will assist the team in combat.
After the primary objective has been completed, a red button on the Mine Head platform will become activated, and can be interacted with. Pressing the button will launch the Mine Head rocket itself and Mission Control will announce that they will send in the Drop Pod to extract the dwarves after the rocket has been secured at the Space Rig. After two minutes of defending against a final swarm, the Drop Pod will land close by. The Drop Pod will wait for three more minutes before departing.
While you must complete your primary objective to finish the mission, you can choose to collect an optional secondary objective resource for a Credit bonus upon mission completion.
Cave[edit | edit source]
Point Extraction missions take place in large, expansive open caves with various height levels, numerous other tunnels and extra rooms. The Mine Head platform will always be positioned in the center of the cave.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- It is recommend that at least one player on the team picks Gunner and deploys multiple ziplines around the cavern using his Zipline Gun, as dwarves holding Aquarq can ride on ziplines with no movement penalty.
- Bosco can dig out and carry Aquarq when directed to with the Laser Pointer, so make use of him in Solo missions.
- When a swarm is announced, regroup at the Mine Head to defend against the incoming enemies. The Sentry Turrets will automatically provide support fire; however they have a limited ammo supply.
- Swarms get larger in size as more time is spent in the mission, so it is very important to work as quickly as possible, especially on higher Hazard Levels. It is widely recommended to launch the mine head before 15 minutes in most missions, since swarms can quickly burn through your team's limited supply of Nitra as they spawn more and more often.
- For this reason, obtaining Nitra as quickly as possible is very important, more so than other mission types.
- Completing the secondary objective may be very difficult in Solo missions, since Bosco will often be busy collecting Aquarq and unable to cover you, and that completing it simply takes more time. The more additional players you have, the faster you will be able to complete both objectives by working simultaneously, so the secondary objective becomes easier to complete.
Primary Objective[edit | edit source]
The number of Aquarq to collect is dependent on the length of the mission.
|Length||Complexity||Objective||Primary Payout||Secondary Payout|
|Collect 7 Aquarq||585 1575||195/325|
|Collect 10 Aquarq||910 2450||280/350 1260/1120|
|Base Values (complexity/length bonus deducted)|
|Collect 10 Aquarq||650 1750||200/250 900/800|
Secondary Objective[edit | edit source]
Unlike all other mission types, Point Extraction missions have Dystrum as a possible secondary objective.
Possible Secondary Objectives:
Collect 10 Alien Fossil
Collect 15 Apoca Bloom
Collect 20 Boolo Cap
Collect 100 Dystrum
Collect 14 Ebonut
Exterminate 10 Fleas
Collect 12 Gunk Seed
Collect 25 Hollomite
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Deep Rock Galactic refuses to send in the Drop Pod to save the team until after the goods are secured. This is even more evidence showing they prioritize profit over employee safety, and consider employees disposable.