|Objective(s)||Collect 7-10 Aquarq|
Point Extraction is a mission type in Deep Rock Galactic.
A huge deposit of a glowing, blue crystal named Aquarq has been located, and the Dwarves are sent in to extract as many as possible. The Mine Head, a heavily armored mining platform, is sent in to assist you.
Point Extractions are the third unlockable mission type, the second being Salvage Operation.
About[edit | edit source]
Point Extraction missions always take place in a large cavern filled with Aquarq. The Drop Pod lands in the cavern, along with the Mine Head, which lands shortly after the Drop Pod takes off. The Mine Head acts as a central playing point throughout the mission. Similar to On-site Refining, the M.U.L.E. is not present, and resources gathered by the team must be deposited into the Mine Head itself.
The Aquarq that must be collected for the primary objective are embedded in the walls of the cavern. Small, blue crystals dot the location they are buried, and they must be dug out using the pickaxe or other terrain destroying tools or weapons. Aquarq are large resources, and must be carried back to the Mine Head by hand.
After the primary objective has been completed, a red button on the Mine Head platform will appear, and can be interacted with. Pressing the button using the [Interact] key ("E" by default) will launch the Mine Head rocket and Mission Control will announce that they will send in the Drop Pod to extract the Dwarves after the rocket has been secured at the Space Rig. The Drop Pod will take two minutes to arrive, after which the Drop Pod will land and open for three more minutes before departing, with or without the Dwarves.
While you must complete your primary objective to finish the mission, you can choose to collect an optional secondary objective resource for a Credit bonus upon mission completion.
Cave[edit | edit source]
Point Extraction missions take place in large, expansive open caves with various height levels, numerous other tunnels and extra rooms. The Mine Head platform will always be positioned in the center of the cave.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- It is recommend that at least one player on the team picks Gunner and deploys multiple ziplines around the cavern using his Zipline Gun, as Dwarves holding Aquarq can ride on ziplines with no movement penalty.
- Bosco can dig out and carry Aquarq when directed to with the Laser Pointer, so make use of him in Solo missions.
- When a swarm is announced, find a flat, open spot near the Minehead to take advantage of the Sentry Turrets on the Mine Head, but don't fight on the Minehead. Bugs can attack through the platforms grating and the Mine Head will decrease your visibility of incoming enemies.
- Swarms and waves get larger in size as more time is spent in the mission, so it is very important to work as quickly as possible, especially on higher Hazard Levels. It is recommended to launch the Mine Head as soon as possible after hitting the 20 minute mark, since swarms can quickly burn through your team's limited supply of Nitra as they spawn more and more often.
- For this reason, obtaining Nitra as quickly as possible is also very important in Point Extraction missions.
- Completing the secondary objective may be very difficult in Solo missions, since Bosco will often be busy collecting Aquarq and unable to cover you, and that completing it simply takes more time. The more additional players you have, the faster you will be able to complete both objectives by working simultaneously, so the secondary objective becomes easier to complete.
Objectives[edit | edit source]
Primary Objective[edit | edit source]
The number of Aquarq to collect is dependent on the length of the mission.
|Length||Complexity||Objective||Primary Payout||Secondary Payout|
|Collect 7 Aquarq||585 1575||195/325|
|Collect 10 Aquarq||910 2450||280/350 1260/1120|
|Base Values (complexity/length bonus deducted)|
|Collect 10 Aquarq||650 1750||200/250 900/800|
Secondary Objective[edit | edit source]
Unlike all other mission types, Point Extraction missions have Dystrum as a possible secondary objective.
Possible Secondary Objectives:
Collect 10 Alien Fossil
Collect 15 Apoca Bloom
Collect 20 Boolo Cap
Collect 100 Dystrum
Collect 14 Ebonut
Exterminate 10 Fleas
Collect 12 Gunk Seed
Collect 25 Hollomite
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Deep Rock Galactic refuses to send in the Drop Pod to save the team until after the goods are secured. This is even more evidence showing they prioritize profit over employee safety, and consider employees disposable.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Mission Control will announce that the M.U.L.E. has been secured while ascending in the Drop Pod, despite the M.U.L.E. not being present in this mission type.