|This article is a stub. You can help Deep Rock Galactic Wiki by .|
This page contains the release information for Deep Rock Galactic.
Release date[edit | edit source]
- Deep Rock Galactic was released in Early Access on Steam, the Windows 10 Store, and Xbox One Game Preview on February 28, 2018.
Early Access Message[edit | edit source]
- Why Early Access?
“Our primary focus is on crafting an awesome co-op experience, so the sooner we can get this game into the hands of the players, the better. This type of game would be extremely difficult to develop in a vacuum, so the players will be an invaluable part of the process. Simply by playing the game and taking part in the development discussion, they will provide us with invaluable assistance while we flesh out the full thing, add new features, and move further into things like balancing and feedback.”
- Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?
“We are estimating somewhere between 1 or 2 years development before we are ready to move out of Early Access. It is practically impossible for us to give a reliable estimate at this point, however - we have so many ideas on how to improve and expand upon the game, and more come up all the time.”
- How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?
“At first, the Early Access version of the game will focus on the Core Game Loop - getting the basics right. The plan for the full version is to add and expand on things like:
- More game modes
- Much more varied cave systems, and actual biomes within them
- Many more tools, gadgets, and equipment
- More character classes, each with access to their own unique gear
- A deep and meaningful Meta game
More, more, more! :D”
- What is the current state of the Early Access version?
“We have a fully playable (and fun!) version up and running, which supports from 1 to 4 players. For now, our focus is on the core game experience: Teaming up as badass dwarves, exploring procedurally generated cave systems, fighting monsters, and digging gold. The current level of variation in the caves is somewhat limited as we flesh out the systems, build assets, and come up with better ways to do things, but we have grand plans for it.
- By purchasing the Early Access version, you will have access to:
- Single-player exploration mode
- Multiplayer exploration mode for 1-4 players
- 4 highly unique dwarf classes with individual play styles
- Procedurally generated cavesystems with endless variation
- Loads of high-octane co-op shooting and exploration gameplay
- Will the game be priced differently during and after Early Access?
“We expect the price for the full release of Deep Rock Galactic to be higher than the price for Early Access, and we plan to gradually raise the price as we implement new content and features.”
- How are you planning on involving the Community in your development process?
“We're a team of veteran developers, and have all spent years on productions you weren't allowed to talk about until the game was released. So right from the outset it was decided that Deep Rock Galactic should be a product of OPEN development.
We want to foster a community that will encourage people to interact directly with us, ensure that their feedback is listened to and considered properly, and to produce the very best co-op experience we can. This will happen through a number of channels, primary of which are the Steam community forums, Twitter, Facebook, and Reddit. While we cannot in any way guarantee that all suggestions will become part of the game, we will absolutely strive for listening to and acknowledging any and all feedback.
Critical Reception[edit | edit source]
Overall critical reception has been limited so far, due to the game's early release status. The game Received a 4/5 (80%) from ImpulseGamer.