|This article is a stub. You can help Deep Rock Galactic Wiki by .|
This page contains the release information for Deep Rock Galactic.
Release date[edit | edit source]
- Deep Rock Galactic 1.0 is expected to be released during Q2 2020.
- Deep Rock Galactic was released in Early Access on Steam, the Windows 10 Store, and Xbox One Game Preview on February 28, 2018, with two Downloadable Content available on the Steam Store page.
Early Access FAQ[edit | edit source]
- Why Early Access?
“Our primary focus is on crafting an awesome co-op experience, and to do that we wanted to get the game into the hand of players as soon as possible. This type of game would be extremely difficult to develop in a vacuum, and our players are an invaluable part of our process. Simply by playing the game and taking part in the development discussion, they will provide us with assistance while we flesh out the full thing, add new features, and move further into things like balancing and feedback”
- Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?
“When we launched in Early Access in February 2018, we estimated that we would stay in early access somewhere between 1 to 2 years. We feel like the game is shaping up nicely, thanks to the feedback and support from our community, and we’re aiming at having the 1.0 version of the game released during 2019.”
- How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?
“Since we launched in Early Access, we’ve added a TON of features and content based on player feedback, including
- New and redesigned game modes
- New and improved biomes and environmental hazards
- Weapon and upgrade redesign including 8 all-new weapons, and an overhaul of weapon models and animations
- Added a campaign and promotions system
- Added 4 all-new enemies
- Added a perk system, mission mutators, and a temperature system
- Added LOTS of quality-of-life features based on community feedback
- Opened a bar and introduced beers
- PLUS: new voice lines, tweaks, buffs, animations and fixes
We still want to add more enemies, a system of daily adventures, customization of Bosco, more levels of difficulty, exploration mode, the lore terminal, a redesign our Space Rig and more before the game is ready for 1.0.”
- What is the current state of the Early Access version?
“Most of the game’s systems have been fleshed out around the core of Deep Rock Galactic experience: teaming up as badass dwarves, exploring procedurally generated cave systems, fighting monsters, and digging gold. Some systems, like exploration mode and the lore terminal, are still missing, but even without those, the current version is a rich experience.
- By purchasing the Early Access version, you will have access to
- Multiplayer co-op for 2-4 players
- 4 highly unique dwarf character classes with individual play styles and weapon builds
- Single-player with the aid of the drone Bosco
- Procedurally generated cave systems with endless variation
- Loads of high-octane co-op shooting and exploration gameplay
- Will the game be priced differently during and after Early Access?
“We expect the price for the full release of Deep Rock Galactic to be higher than the price for Early Access.”
- How are you planning on involving the Community in your development process?
“We're a team of veteran developers and have all spent years on productions you weren't allowed to talk about until the game was released. So right from the outset, it was decided that Deep Rock Galactic should be a product of OPEN development.
We want to foster a community that will encourage people to interact directly with us, ensure that their feedback is listened to and considered properly, and to produce the very best co-op experience we can. This will happen through a number of channels, primary of which are the Steam community forums, Twitter, Facebook, and Reddit. While we cannot in any way guarantee that all suggestions will become part of the game, we will absolutely strive for listening to and acknowledging any and all feedback.
Critical Reception[edit | edit source]
Overall critical reception has been limited so far, due to the game's early release status. The game Received a 4/5 (80%) from ImpulseGamer.