|Used by||All Classes|
About[edit | edit source]
The Terrain Scanner is a support tool universal to every class in the game. It is accessible by holding the Tab or M key on a keyboard, and Select on a controller. Whilst the terrain scanner is activated, the player will be unable to move.
The Terrain Scanner will pop up on the player's screen for as long as the button is held down. The pop up reveals a manipulable, 3-dimensional interface of the surrounding terrain. In the center is the player's blip, displayed as a small arrow on the map.
Other players will be visible on the terrain scanner, the arrow representing each player changes color depending on which class they are playing.
- Driller is represented with a yellow arrow
- Engineer is represented with a red arrow
- Gunner is represented with a green arrow
- Scout is represented with a blue arrow
Remember what each color represents to identify your team mates.
The Terrain Scanner may also reveal the locations of your objectives. In Egg Hunt, all of the eggs will be visible on the Terrain Scanner as largeish orange-yellow orbs. During extraction, the Drop Pod is visible on the scanner as a small blue cylinder, and the M.U.L.E.'s markers leading up to the Pod will appear as small green squares. During a mission with the Haunted Cave mutator, the Invincible Bulk Detonator will appear as a blueish orb, similar in size to a Dreadnought Cocoon, which itself is a large pink ovoid. Waypoints created with the Laser Pointer tool will appear as a small dark-blue cube. The location for a Lost Pack encounter appears as a pink star.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The scanner's version was updated each time there was a major improvement to the interface.
- MK1 was a top-down view of the area.
- MK2 added camera rotation, which allowed for a 3D view of the area.
- MK3 introduced additional markers and overall improvements.