Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|Used by||All Classes|
About[edit | edit source]
The Terrain Scanner is a support tool universal to every class in the game. It is accessible by holding the Tab or M key on a keyboard, and Select on a controller. Whilst the terrain scanner is activated, the player will be unable to move.
The Terrain Scanner will pop up on the player's screen for as long as the button is held down. The pop up reveals a manipulatable, 3-dimensional interface of the surrounding terrain. In the center is the player's blip, displayed as a small arrow on the map.
Other players will be visible on the terrain scanner, the arrow representing each player changes colour depending on which class they are playing.
- Driller is represented with a yellow arrow
- Engineer is represented with a red arrow
- Gunner is represented with a green arrow
- Scout is represented with a blue arrow
Remember what each colour represents to identify your team mates.
The Terrain Scanner may also reveal the locations of your objectives. In Egg Hunt, All of the eggs will be visible on the Terrain Scanner. During extraction, the Drop Pod is visible on the scanner as a small blue cylinder.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The scanner's version was updated each time there was a major improvement to the interface.
- MK1 was a top-down view of the area.
- MK2 added camera rotation, which allowed for a 3D view of the area.
- MK3 introduced additional markers and overall improvements.