Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Update 18: Job Opportunities
Time to put on your brand new armor sets, drink beers with buffs and take on new exciting assignments. Oktoberfest is over and we have been busy packing a big bag of cool features for you. Enjoy!
|~ DRG Update Page|
New Features[edit | edit source]
The new major content introduced in this update.
New Assignment System[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Assignments
Our goal with the assignment system is to create a smoother start for new players and at the same time create excitement for getting access to new content. Assignments in the future will be used to unlock new content like alternative weapons and planet regions.
The Probationary Period[edit | edit source]
When you start the game for the first time you now have to complete the Probationary Period in order to prove your worth as a miner. The Probationary Period is a 9-missions long assignment and will take you through the different regions of Hoxxes and challenge you with various missions to complete.
You can join any missions on the server list, regardless of completion of the Probationary Period. Completing missions that is part of an assignment grants you bonus rewards in the form of crafting materials and credits. After completing the Probationary Period you will have unlocked all regions and missions.
Character Retirement[edit | edit source]
Retirement Application[edit | edit source]
When you max out a character at level 20, you get the option to complete the Retirement Application Assignment for that character. Select it from the Assignment Board Terminal. When you have completed the assignment, you get the option to retire that character from the Character Selection Terminal.
Retiring a Dwarf[edit | edit source]
When you retire a character that character will reset to level 1 and you will lose all progress on weapons and upgrades for that character. You will, however, keep all progression on perks, credits, crafting materials, and vanity items. The first time you retire, you will also unlock an extra perk slot for that specific character. Retiring a character is the only way you can increase your player rank above 26, since you need to gain character levels in order to gain player ranks. We are also considering to introduce unlocks of vanity and other features for players above player rank 26.
Mission Updates[edit | edit source]
In order to make a smooth Probationary Period assignment, and in general to improve the long-term mining experience, we have tweaked some of the missions and made both simpler and more complex versions of them.
Egg Hunt[edit | edit source]
- Egg Hunt now takes place in a cave system, similar to what you used to encounter in Search & Extract.
- Instead of having to run around and search for the eggs you can use the Terrain Scanner (hold down [M]) to spot their location.
- You have to collect fewer Alien Eggs than previously.
- Egg hunt now has multiple complexities and lengths.
- Search & Extract has been removed for now.
Other Missions[edit | edit source]
- The cave systems can now generate both medium and high complexity levels.
Beer Buffs[edit | edit source]
Buffs have been added to some of the beers and prices have been adjusted, so beers with buffs costs quite a bit more than those without buffs.
- Red Rock Blaster:
- Provides a +30% Max Health buff.
- Potency was reduced to light (from strong).
- Price was increased to 450 (from 95 ).
- Skullcrusher Ale:
- Provides a +50% Pickaxe Damage buff.
- Potency was reduced to regular (from not safe).
- Price was increased to 425 (from 135 ).
- Dark Morkite:
- Provides a +20% Morkite Mined buff.
- Price was increased to 550 (from 65 ).
- Added a new drink: Glyphid Slammer.
New Armors[edit | edit source]
8 new Armors (called MK3 Basic and Heavy) have been implemented, ready for you to buy and equip. They will be unlocked at player rank 10 and 12 respectively. if you are lower than player rank 8 you will only see the MK2 armor in the Vanity Shop.
Other Notes[edit | edit source]
- Scouts assault rifle has gotten an overhaul of model, animations, and sound.
- New dance move when listening to the jukebox.
- Zip-line fix. Now clients also get forward momentum when jumping off the zip-line.
- Save files are not overwritten if there is no connection to steam.
- Third person flamethrower gunsling added.
- Fix recoil. It was added before the shot was fired, so you could never be fully accurate.
- Fix a case where clients are unable to load the map. Resulting in stuck on loading screen.
- Detect chunks and gems falling out of the world and beam them back.
- SpaceRig - No more blue light in drop pod when launching a mission.
- Oktoberfest banner changed.
- Savegame: Players can no longer gain extra XP above the cap.
- Added mission stats: Total beverages consumed & Total beverage round ordered.
- Fullscreen mode is now handled correctly and does not reset in between sessions.
- Sun added behind Planet Hoxxes in Spacerig. Planet model slightly updated as well.
- Clients can now open the mission map while in a hosted game.
- Undocumented: Added a large grip to scout's double barrel shotgun model.
Post Update Hotfixes[edit | edit source]
Hotfixes are small patches meant to fix bugs and balancing.
Hotfix 1[edit | edit source]
12th October, 2018
- Gunner MK3 Heavy armor now cost 32000 credits and not 3200! Sometimes a 0 means a lot!
- Fixed the characters t-posing in the various terminals on Low settings.
- Various crash fixes.
- Fixed an issue with the Assignment Complete screen, where you got 3D controls in a 2D menu.
- Note: the issue might still persist as we have not be able to reproduce this bug. Please report if you still experience this issue.